* Keith and I had a truly fantastic weekend! We left Charleston at 6am Saturday morning and headed to Atlanta for the Law School Forum. We arrived at the forum around 11:30am and stayed there for about 2.5 hours. I really didn't know what to expect, but there were a ton of potential law students there and it was pretty crowded. Keith and I got a lot of information from my top law schools and were able to speak with a few reps at their tables. We had good, bad, and funny experiences, and tomorrow’s post will be all about the forum and our new perspectives on my top schools. :o)
On Sunday we were able to get an extra hour of sleep thanks to daylight savings (woop woop!) and got ready for church. We headed over to Andy Stanley’s church, North Point for their last Sunday morning service. All I have to say is “wow”. This church is completely amazing. Without getting into too much detail, I have been struggling lately and being at North Point was a gigantic breath of fresh air. I was moved to tears during worship, and really felt God comfort me. I felt like I was sitting in His hands, and that everything is going to be more than okay. The message was called “Game Plan”, and was focused on careers. (I’d say it was a coincidence that Keith and I were there for this message, but God definitely planned this one, and we couldn't help but smile.) Andy spoke about being content in our current situations, and told us that often times, new opportunities arise through our current opportunities. He also asked a question that convicted Keith and I. He said “Are you preparing for the next opportunity or just waiting for it? So. powerful.
I feel completely rejuvenated, and Keith and I have set our “Game Plan” into action. This weekend was such a blessing and I am super excited to see what happens. Praise Him!
* Only 16 more days until Keith and I are back in the bayou (AKA Louisiana) for Thanksgiving! YAY! I can’t wait to see my family and friends!
* My trash the dress session was planned for October 30th, but unfortunately did not happen. I was so upset about this, but my awesome photographer, Kristen Pace, allowed us to reschedule! We will now be trashing my dress in April in celebration of our first year of marriage! (Our anniversary is on March 7th) I am hoping to do a successful cartwheel...in my wedding dress and a jumping shot. Lol should be interesting...
* Keith and I have been talking a lot lately about our current lifestyle, and how we would both like to be healthier. We have decided to start working out together in the mornings before work. (6am-7am) While this is going to be very challenging, we’re both excited to start our day early with each other, and to get in better shape!
* Beginning in December, I will begin my LSAT study schedule of 15 hours per week. In addition to my regular homework, this is going to be really tough. But there is nothing I can't do with God on my side, so I'm reading to tackle this challenge! Depending on how well I do on my practice tests, I will most likely be enrolling in a prep course in February. I’ll be taking the LSAT in June 2011, but since my GPA isn’t amazing, I will definitely need a strong score to be admitted to my top schools and to qualify for scholarships. This is going to be quite a journey, and I’m so glad I get to share it with all of you! Prayers are always appreciated!
Have a great Monday, lovelies!