* I'd like to wish a Happy 1st Married Valentine's Day to my yummy husband, Keith. Baby, thank you for putting up with my sometimes crazy, mostly stubborn self. I love you more than you know...you are amazing. :)
* While last week wasn't the best, it really wasn't the worst either. It was just kind of blah. I started the week sick and ended it exhausted. School is really kicking my behind, but these classes will wrap up in two weeks. Thank God. (And thank you guys for your kind words on my "blah" post. They really made me feel better. :))
* On Saturday I received a magazine from Compassion. In it, I read some very alarming statistics about water. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I wanted to share these facts.
- 50% of the world's hospitalizations are due to water-related illnesses such as cholera
- One in five children worldwide die from diarrhea -- that's more than AIDS, malaria and measles combined.
- 800 million people do not have access to clean water.
- 1.5 million children die of waterborne illnesses every year.
I don't know about you guys, but these stats make me sick. It's hard to believe that in the year 2011, something as simple as clean water is causing so much sickness and death. To be honest, it's really hard to comprehend this. How many half drunken bottles of water do I throw away without thinking twice? How many nice, long baths do I take per week? Three or four? How many times do I let the facet run while washing my face without even thinking about how wasteful I'm being?
These statistics definitely put things into perspective, but more than anything, they empower me to do something about it. Whether that's raise money, sponsor more children, or bring awareness to these facts, I do not know yet. What I do know is that something has got to change, and I'd rather be part of the solution than continue to contribute to the problem. (Sorry to be so heavy on a Monday, but it's been on my mind all weekend.)
Hope you lovelies have a wonderful Valentines Monday!