Lots has happened since the last time I've posted on my blog. So much so, that I'm afraid I'll need to sum everything up in order to avoid any further blogging procrastination. I hate that I haven't been able to write much, but the most amazing little boy has been keeping me busy. :) And I simply adore spending my time this way.
Tons of this going on. I love, love, love him!
Alright, here we go with these updates...
* For starters, we've moved! We're now back in South Carolina and living in Summerville (which is about 30 minutes from downtown Charleston). The move happened this past weekend and was very exhausting. Since the house that we own is being rented, we've settled into a lovely apartment. It's a very nice, peaceful community and I have a feeling we're going to love it here.
In the past, I've been pretty vocal about my distaste for Charleston, but I'm feeling different this time around. I realize that I never really gave it a chance. Now that we're back I am vowing to become a tourist and truly experience the Lowcountry. I want to explore this charming city and immerse myself in the culture, history and all that Charleston has to offer. Let the adventures begin! I am so excited!
* Come June 4th, I will be heading back to work part-time at the disaster preparedness company that I previously worked at in Charleston. They have graciously offered me my old job back and are allowing me to go back on a part-time basis until I'm ready to go full-time. I'll be working 9-5 Monday thru Wednesday and am really excited to be going back to work. However, I am also extremely sad when I think about leaving my sweet boy. :( I currently have separation anxiety when I leave him to take a shower, and I have no idea how I'm going to manage leaving him for work. BUT, I think it's going to be great for our family and for me to work part-time.
* Last week was Keith's first week solo at his new job and he absolutely crushed it! He met the quota that his company set for his first month in the first week! My husband is severely blessed with his ability to sale and I am SO proud of him! :)
Gavin and I actually joined Keith on his first week of travel and during our stay in Wilmington, NC I found the location of One Tree Hill's river court! The bad news is that since OTH is over, the court has been demolished. :( The only thing left is a patch of dirt, but it was still pretty cool to be at this spot. Wilmington is gorgeous and Keith, Gav, and I will be heading back for a mini vacation.
* I previously mentioned that I may have finished the Spring semester with two A's...and I did!!! (Well, an A and an A-, but hey, that's two A's!) I have three classes left until I graduate with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice and I am beyond thrilled. It's been a long road (6 years!) and I am finally finishing my undergraduate studies. Pending an Academic Petition to substitute one of my required classes and an Independent Study request for my CRJU Senior Research class, I will potentially be taking all three classes this fall and then THAT'S IT! :D Come May 2013, I'll make my way to Virginia Beach and walk across that glorious stage! Thank you God!
* A few days after Gavin was born, I found out that I was awarded a 50% scholarship to an amazing LSAT Prep Course -- Blueprint! Keith and I could not pass up the deal and we purchased the course for me to begin studying for this beast of a test. I will be taking the October administration of the test here in Charleston and will begin studying May 1st. This gives me plenty of time, but with a newborn and my hectic schedule I'm definitely going to need the extra time! I am very anxious about this test and can't wait until this step of the law school admission process is over.
Whew I think that's the just of everything. I hope you guys are doing awesome! Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later. :)