After a few months writing at my new blog, A (Lindsey) Christmas Story, I’ve decided to jump ship and start again at My Dolce Vita. I’ve written at MDV for years but felt that I needed a fresh start on a new site. Well, I was wrong. That fresh space felt cold and unwelcoming, and I’m SO glad to be back here with all of you!
I only posted a handful of times over at A (Lindsey) Christmas Story, and I imported those posts to this site so that nothing is lost. (Well, comments posted on the other site were lost, but only because I was unable to successfully convert the WordPress file to a Blogger format :/) Looking back at what I’ve written here on My Dolce Vita, my heart is warmed each time I read a post from the past. I started blogging after moving to South Carolina in 2009, and this blog has seen everything from becoming engaged, wedding planning, getting married, pregnancies, babies, and so much more. While not everything written was rainbows and sunshine, it’s all a part of my journey and I love reminiscing.
So, why did I name this blog My Dolce Vita?
Anyone that truly knows me knows of my love affair with Italy, and My Dolce Vita seemed like a perfect fit. “Dolce Vita” means “sweet life”, and while my life isn’t perfect it sure is sweet. 🙂 Although I’ve yet to visit Italy, I’m waiting and praying for my evening in Roma. And when it finally happens, it is going to be a dream come true.
A bit of a life update since writing consistently…
* Keith and I have now been married for a little over 6 years
* Gavin is 4 years-old and Arabella will soon be 3
* I’ve just earned my Masters degree in Human Services Counseling with a Criminal Justice Cognate
* I haven’t made it to law school yet, but I haven’t given up
* We still live in Charleston, South Carolina after living briefly in Atlanta, GA and Mooresville, NC
* I am the big 3-0 and I’m loving it
* After trying to get pregnant for a year, it finally happened in November ’15, but then we lost this sweet child by miscarriage in December ’15. We named him/her Hayden.
* Only two months after the miscarriage we were blessed with another baby, and I’m currently 18 weeks pregnant and due with a sweet boy (Ethan Elijah) in November
* I’ve fallen head-over-heels in love with the Biltmore Estate
* Now that school is over I’ve been reading for leisure, and it’s brought immense happiness to my life. I used to be an avid reader, and hope to keep making time for this hobby.
* In 2015 I restarted my wedding videography business and renamed it in my grandmother’s honor. I’m currently filming weddings in South Carolina and Georgia and I’m very thankful to carry on her legacy.
I think that’s pretty much it! I’m looking forward to writing here and sharing more of my story with all of you!